(This post may contain affiliate links. For more information about my disclosure policy click here.)
Two years ago a very good friend of mine enlightened us to how she and her husband make stress-free organic meals regularly through a meal delivery service called Sunbasket .
She went on to explain how Sun Basket program works. You sign up online and pick the recipe option to your liking (vegetarian, paleo, gluten free, family options). Then a box is delivered to your doorstep every week with every per-measured ingredient you need along with a detailed recipe.
With two babies at home, we are super busy these days. The excitement of having scrumptious organic home cooked meals regularly without a ton of hassle seemed like an urban legend to us.
So we eagerly gave it a shot.
Sun Basket gave me an opportunity to learn how to cook.
Sadly for my husband, he did not marry a culinary genius. I’m not horrible, just not extraordinarily good (for the record I like what I cook, I’m just not sure others do). I like to keep my recipes simple. My specialties involve a Nutri bullet and tossing ingredients in a bowl (I know, its pretty sad!)
Even more importantly though, I was pregnant at the time. I was eating as healthy as I possibly could to ensure maximum nutrient delivery to our bun in the oven (pun intended!).
Inside each Sun Basket delivery box are three brown paper bags with all of the ingredients needed for 3 complete meals (2 servings each).
Now here we are two years later and we are still using Sun Basket every week. I get excited every Tuesday night for our shipment to arrive so we can start cooking. It has become a ritual for us and it fits so easily into our lives. I’m not sure what we ever did without it.
What I love about Sunbasket:
- Everything comes insulated nicely and there is a separate compartment on the bottom with an ice block for fish, or other meats.
- The ingredients are always seasonal and fresh.
- All of the ingredients are organic and non-GMO.
- Each week you get an email reminding your to select the meals you want for the following week. You can try new dishes all the time!
- Everything is pre-measured so there is no waste.
- We get to try new foods and recipes that we NEVER would have made ourselves otherwise.
- The customer service is awesome. We once had 1 single ingredient come in our box that had gone bad and they gave us a credit for the entire meal the same day.
- Best part, each of the meals can be prepared in 30 minutes or less and I don’t even have to shop.
All this AND we get to be gourmet chefs in the comfort of our kitchen. Can’t beat that.
How is the customer service at Sun Basket?
Customer service is so important to me. There have been two times that our delivery was shipped 1 day late due to traffic issues in Los Angeles. Both times we were notified immediately and offered a credit if we decided not to accept the box. Not a deal breaker for me as the shipment did arrive fresh. LA traffic truly is off-the-charts insane so unfortunately its par for the course here. Other then those minor inconveniences the service has been exceptional.
Sun Basket makes it easier for us to have quality family time.
The most important benefit for us that has come out of using Sun Basket is that it allows us to sit down as a family for our meals, no excuses. Dinner is my favorite part of the day and I love that it gives my husband and I a chance to reconnect and talk about whats going on in our lives. It keeps us connected. Its like having a date night in. I think Zoe loves it too.
Tonight we will be enjoying fresh wild organic salmon with roasted potatoes, a field greens salad, and chive cream frasiche. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Join us for dinner anytime!
Sarah, Mother Nurse Love