What do nurse writers and bloggers do?
RN writers create healthcare content and manage online websites containing helpful information that readers are searching for. They are usually, but not always, developed based on the creator’s medical niche or personal interests.
One benefit of becoming a nurse blogger or freelance writer is that each post or article can be written from a unique perspective, as nurses work in so many different specialties with diverse patient populations. Also, nurses have different skillsets and experiences that they can bring to their writing. Nurses have unique skills and helpful information to share.
Nurse writers have som much to share from many perspectives: working mom and nurse lifestyle, nurse finance, nursing informatics, new graduate nursing, nurse humor, nursing apparel, nursing specialties…and the list goes on and on.
Additional recommended reading: 9 Benifits Of Personal Blogging
Benefits of becoming a nurse writer or blogger:
- Set your own work hours and schedule
- Complete creative control over your content and products
- Better writing chops: each time you write a new piece, you improve and continue to develop your writing skills.
- Better thinking abilities: the writing process helps you to stop and think deeper. You will find yourself having more definite opinions about nurse topics that matter. You will also discover thoughts and ideas about nursing that you didn’t even know you had.
Perks of becoming a nurse writer or freelance blogger:
Nurse bloggers and freelance writers are also entrepreneurs who run their own businesses. Many often also have full-time positions and do their writing/website design in the evenings or weekends. There is no set schedule; therefore, you can decide to work or not work whenever you want. It is important to note, however, that successful bloggers and freelance writers must work incredibly hard to get their businesses up and running, often for years before making any money.
If starting a nursing blog is something that you are interested in, check out the following links:
- 101 Interesting Blog Post Ideas For Nurses
- 9 Jobs For Nurses Who Don’t Want To Be Nurses
- 14 Best New Nurse Bloggers And Influencers In 2020
- Before You Start A Blog Read This
- Recommended Blogging Resources For New Bloggers
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL
Get your FREE copy of "The Nurses Guide to Self Care"